Are you tired of pulling your hair out over grant applications?
Do you call businesses for sponsorship and just hear “no” “no” and “no”?
Would you like to learn how to get money for your nonprofit in a totally new way?
Times are tough in the nonprofit world right now. It seems like every other day we get more bad news. We can’t keep our donors. Government funding is being cut. Grantors are getting ever more selective.
What is the one bright spot on the horizon? Earned income streams for your nonprofit.
How do you start to create earned income streams for your nonprofit?
What is an earned income stream?
An earned income stream means that your nonprofit uses a natural fit with one of your programs to create a source of income to sustain your nonprofit. Earned income streams are a way to get off the treadmill of grant applications and event headaches.
What are some examples of earned income streams for nonprofits?
- You could take the best practices from your programs, turn them into a curriculum, and sell this to colleges, universities or other nonprofits.
- You could have an earned income stream with a thrift store.
- You could have an earned income stream with a bakery.
- You could have an earned income stream with a voluntourism program for your nonprofit.
- You could create a product around your nonprofit mission.
If you’re interested in learning more about how earned income streams can create a stable income for your nonprofit, then check out this webinar. We’ll explore the different ways nonprofits have used earned income streams, the pros and cons, and more.
This webinar will show you the 5 models of earned income streams. It will show you how to start earned income streams. There will be multiple examples of nonprofits using earned income streams to get that unrestricted money they need to continue their programs.
You will learn:
1. The 5 types of nonprofit earned income streams.
2. Brainstorming earned income streams with staff and board
3. Looking at corporate volunteer programs, voluntourism, selling curricula, government contracts, and more.
4. Delegating your administrative tasks to a virtual team, to have more time to go after your earned income
5. Which earned income streams require the least investment and bring the most return.
6. Earned Income Stream Examples: Developing Curricula around your nonprofit programs
7. Earned Income Stream Examples: An International Nonprofit Providing International voluntourism
8. Earned Income Stream Examples: A Homeless Shelter Selling Bedbug Free Mattresses
9. Getting unregulated business income: How to manage this from a governance perspective
BONUS Supplementary Materials
1. Survey to help you determine which earned income streams are right for your nonprofit
2. Checklist to prepare your nonprofit for social enterprise
4. Presenter notes
About the presenter:
Mazarine Treyz is the author of the popular Wild Woman’s Guide to Fundraising, a book helping empower nonprofit fundraisers, volunteers and executives to raise more money fast! Her book was named as one of the Top 10 books of 2010 by Beth Kanter, CEO of Zoetica. Her blog, WildWomanFundraising.com, has over 30,000 monthly readers.